Overview of Role:
Working within our Commercial Sales Team you will be responsible for proactively managing a portfolio of new business prospects within the Insurer, Broker & Claims Management sectors plus existing Business Partners. The Commercial Team have responsibility for managing Commercial Relationships with both Corporate Customers and Service and Product providers, as Account Director you will develop new and existing Business Partner relationships against a plan aimed to optimise commercial return.
Key tasks will include:
- Management of new business prospects in the sectors above
- Delivery of new business volumes in line with the business plan
- Produce and Review all relevant commercial metrics for their portfolio accounts to demonstrate performance against targets / budget
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of a suite of products and services including involvement with the commercial management of Supplier relationships as required
- Developing existing Business Partner relationships against a commercial plan aimed to optimise commercial return
- Identify gaps and opportunities for innovation and competitive advantage
- Abides by company policy for new business implementation and existing business renegotiation in creating a commercial model, scoping document and draft contract to be submitted to Senior Leadership
- Can source, open dialogue and progress negotiations with potential new strategic partners
- Provide market intelligence to support the continuous development of Edam’s strategy
- Inputting to the update of the marketing plan aimed to underpin business reputation and the sales strategy
- Can prepare Management Information in advance of meetings, and review to assess trends
- Understands the trends demonstrated by MI & can build a strategy to address any issues.
What you can bring to the role:
- Excellent communication skills including ability to produce high quality proposals and tender responses
- Ability to create a development plan for each Business Partner in their portfolio to optimise the relationship and meet Edam Commercial Plan
- Can influence commercial outcomes through effective tracking, management of Business Partner performance and business partner needs including operational costs.
- Will be able to present in person or via other media to new and existing Business Partners in a professional and authentic manner promoting the reputation of Edam Group in the market
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside of the business
- Excellent numeracy skills, with an understanding of Claims Market metrics to support assessment of value by Business Partner.
- Excellent negotiation skills evidenced through past successes with new and existing business partners
- Can negotiate and close
- Proven B to B commercial relationship development skills
- Has a current understanding and awareness of the Insurance market, the Insurance Claims Market and the role of ancillary products
- Familiar with EDAM’s competitors and the differences in service provision
- Existing contacts in the target market would be desirable