IT Support Technician
Who we are!
Assisting clients nationwide involved in road traffic accidents, EDAM Group provides a comprehensive range of in-house post-accident services, outsourced claims management, repair management, legal services and replacement vehicles. We are a group of companies established in 2001 working towards and guaranteeing the same goal, comprehensive first-class service delivery.
We are also proud to be recognised as a 2 Star Top 100 Best Companies to work for in the UK.
Overview of Role:
As IT Support Technician. You will provide first and second line technical support to internal employees, assisting them with PC, Server, networking and hardware problems via phone or email.
Key tasks will include:
- Be the first point of contact for issues
- Resolve technical support queries professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreements are met
- Work effectively and productively with 3rd line support.
- Produce documentation so that knowledge can be passed onto the relevant parties.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained and kept up to date
- Take ownership of user problems, perform a technical diagnosis and fix the issue either remotely or on-site.
- Document all jobs on the internal ticketing system.
- Maintain & control user security on all systems.
- Supporting users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
What you can bring to the role:
- Has excellent oral communication skills and takes ownership of issues until completion
- The ability to interact with and guide users at all levels
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of IT with a good knowledge of several generic desktop software tools and, where applicable, deeper knowledge of at least one of the software applications used within own organisation
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10 and MS server 2016 / 2019
- Building and maintenance of Windows 10
- Knowledge of Apple/iOS products desirable but not required
- Experience with Microsoft MDT desirable
- Experience supporting an IP based PBX system (Mitel/Cisco)
- Good understanding of PC hardware and software set-up and configuration and TCP/IP networking skills
- Networking Experience (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi)
- Experience working with Active Directory (AD)
- Experience working with Exchange (2013/2016)
- Experience with Office & Exchange 365
- Experience troubleshooting MS Office 2016 & 365
- Knowledge of managed Anti-Virus products
- Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare or Citrix)
- MCP certification would be desirable but not required.
- Experience of working to ITIL standards would be desirable but not required.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Benefits & Rewards:
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Company car scheme
- Free breakfasts
- Buy/sell holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Saving Scheme
- Football Tickets
- Summer and Christmas Parties
Why should you choose to work for EDAM?
- We have a vast variety of amazing benefits for you to enjoy, in-fact we have one of the best benefits packages in Manchester!
- We have a great culture
- We live for our Values: Fun, Passionate, Integrity, Innovative, Respectful and One Team
- We offer award winning training
- We always aim to promote internally, there are always opportunities to progress your career
- We pride ourselves on our impressive Net Promoter Score
- We have an open plan office with a relaxing sociable breakout area that has its own football table!
So why wouldn’t you choose EDAM!
We are incredibly passionate about our people, we believe it’s the people that make our business what it is, a fun, hardworking, dynamic organisation that offers you the chance to develop a long-lasting supportive career.
Our values are an integral part of our day to day lives at The EDAM Group. Do you live and breathe our values? If so we would love to hear from you!