Recoveries Technical Manager
Who we are!
Assisting clients nationwide involved in road traffic accidents, EDAM Group provides a comprehensive range of in-house post-accident services, outsourced claims management, repair management, legal services and replacement vehicles. We are a group of companies established in 2001 working towards and guaranteeing the same goal, comprehensive first-class service delivery.
We are also proud to be recognised as a 2 Star Top 100 Best Companies to work for in the UK.
Overview of Role:
Ensures complex cases are managed effectively using in depth knowledge of case law and risk management within the Credit Hire sector are optimized enabling strategic decision making and direction. Identify appropriate improvements needed in the claim cycle so that standards are enhanced and insurer confidence is maintained and improved. Drive and improve the technical expertise within the Recoveries team.
Behaviours & Competencies which need to be demonstrated:
Leadership, Team work, Efficient risk assessment of liability and quantum, recording statistics for performance analysis, dispute resolution skills, to ensure that systems, processes and methodologies as specified are followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service deliver, work with the business to share best practice and promote a proactive continuous improvement environment.
Key tasks will include:
- Ensure the department deliver optimal levels of productivity
- Maintain a clear understanding of requirements between Panel Lawyers and recovery teams through regular performance reviews
- Ensure Technical Training is delivered to a high standard
- Effectively manage the expectations, requirements and satisfaction of customers
- Ensure that all processes and standards are adhered to ensuring any necessary changes get the right sign off and implementation
- Build effective relationships and rapport across the rest of the business especially with the litigation teams (Garvins)
- To ensure resource is managed as efficiently as possible, maximizing opportunities to reduce cost
- Ensure the team have personal development plans and illicit feedback from those you directly manage on a regular basis
- To actively seek out and understand any and all regulatory requirements that fall within the role’s responsibility ensuring that practices and procedures are in place that build in compliance with such requirements.
- Be the technical expert and lead the “go to” team for complex and technical claims sharing and imparting technical knowledge where necessary
- Drive the technical competency and strategy of the claims team through relevant training and development
- Ensure that knowledge & application of the current relevant litigation is understood and communicated.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, Ability & Behaviours:
Driving Performance & Results
- Conducts regular audits to ensure frameworks maintained
- Assist in ensuring that team leaders effectively manage the expectations, requirements and satisfaction of all customers
- Ability to motivate and encourage others to develop new skills as well as those they possess through setting of objectives, understanding, provision of sensitive feedback, coaching and on the job development
- Experience of leading teams both directly and in a matrix format within a fast-paced target driven environment
- Lead & motivate others positively and appropriately towards desired goals. The earning of respect from others through merit
- Team Leader coaching and on the job development
- To regularly review the activities of the team leaders in order to ensure that the most appropriate technical approach is used to provide the highest level of customer service to achieve set SLA’s
- Manage adherence against timekeeping e.g. log-in/out – breaks & lunches. Report sickness and conduct return to work interviews and apply the company attendance policy as appropriate
- Work as part of a team whilst getting the best out of self and others
- Recognize and builds on individual strengths of self, whilst collaborating with others across the business
Planning & Organising
- Consults others to gain commitment to plans and objectives
- Monitors plans and adjusts as necessary
- Ability to analyse and report on statistical information
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
- To support team leaders with GTI’s and pit stops by preparing monthly objective summaries and feedback on performance against values
- Identifies own learning and development needs.
- Take ownership of learning needs and ways of meeting them
- Align own development with role progression as outlined in the dept./business
Benefits & Rewards:
- 25 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Company car scheme
- Free breakfasts
- Buy/sell holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Saving Scheme
- Football Tickets
- Summer and Christmas Parties
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity
- Healthcare Package
Why should you choose to work for EDAM?
- We have a vast variety of amazing benefits for you to enjoy, in-fact we have one of the best benefits packages in Manchester!
- We have a great culture
- We live for our Values: Fun, Passionate, Integrity, Innovative, Respectful and One Team
- We offer award winning training
- We always aim to promote internally, there are always opportunities to progress your career
- We pride ourselves on our impressive Net Promoter Score
- We have an open plan office with a relaxing sociable breakout area that has its own football table!
So why wouldn’t you choose EDAM!
We are incredibly passionate about our people, we believe it’s the people that make our business what it is, a fun, hardworking, dynamic organisation that offers you the chance to develop a long-lasting supportive career.
Our values are an integral part of our day to day lives at The EDAM Group. Do you live and breathe our values? If so we would love to hear from you!